AT LAKE NEWELL/KINBROOK ISLAND PROVINCIAL PARK – UPDATED APRIL 4 2016
If you wish to stay close to the action, camping is available as follows:
1. Ample free camping is available for tents only on the grounds of the Newell Sailing Club. There’s usually a small tent city on regatta weekends.
2. If you are bringing an RV, you can book a campsite at Kinbrook Island Provincial Park which is adjacent to the venue.
RV CAMP SITES AT KINBROOK ISLAND ARE ALMOST ALWAYS FULLY BOOKED FOR THE WHOLE MONTH OF JULY, so we have reserved 17 RV camp sites in loops “I” and “H” (closest to the club house) for the use of San Juan 21 sailors and for participants in the NSC Prairie Winds Regatta which will be running concurrently.
Here’s how to secure on of our pre-booked RV sites:
1. A total of 17 sites have been placed on hold for check-in Wednesday July 6th, check-out Sunday July 10th.
2. YOU MUST BOOK AND PAY FOR ONE OF THESE SITES PRIOR TO THURSDAY JUNE 23rd. AFTER THAT DATE THE SITES WILL BE RELEASED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. IT’S AN EXTREMELY BUSY TIME OF YEAR SO IF YOU MISS OUT ON THESE PRE-BOOKED SITES, YOU WON’T LIKELY BE ABLE TO PARK YOUR RV NEAR THE VENUE.
3. TO RESERVE, CALL THE RESERVE ALBERTA PARKS REGISTRATION LINE AT 1-877-537-2757. WHEN YOU BOOK, PLEASE REFERENCE THE SITES RESERVED BY NEWELL SAILING CLUB/JOHN CORMACK.
4. IF YOU PLAN TO ARRIVE AT THE VENUE WITH AN RV BEFORE JULY 6TH OR STAY AT THE VENUE LATER THAN SUNDAY JULY 10TH, YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE AN INDEPENDENT RESERVATION FOR THE ADDITIONAL NIGHTS FROM THE GENERAL AVAILABLE POOL EITHER BY PHONE AS ABOVE OR USING THE ALBERTA PARKS WEB SITE. REGULAR SITES MAY BE BOOKED UP TO THREE MONTHS IN ADVANCE OF THE ARRIVAL DATE. THEY’RE TYPICALLY BOOKED UP QUICKLY SO PLEASE ACT FAST.